To honor the work that Charities do, in 2012 the United Nations decided to nominate an annual International Day of Charity as an official day of recognition and celebration.
The reason the date was chosen is because it is the anniversary of the death of Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
Here in Cumberland County we have dozens of important charities that rely on citizens for ongoing service to our community.
To help one of those agencies that serve children you are cordially invited to join Nature’s Way Massage in the
COMMUNITY COOK OFF
Benefit for the House of Hope
Date: Wednesday September 28th 2016
Time: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm rain of shine
Location: 4 way stop in Fairfield Glade across from the Wyndham Check-in Building
Hosted by Wyndham, all proceeds go to the Children’s Center, a short-term facility for drug endangered, abused and at-risk children.
The Threads of Hope Collection truck will be on site to take donations.
Nature’s Way will be giving massages for donations and massage gift certificate door prizes, and hopefully prize winning chili.
Join us for lots of fun and food for a great cause!
Please Welcome Sandra Harrison, Yoga Instructor to Yoga Village.
Sandra was the yoga instructor at the Fairfield Glade Wellness Center for eleven years and We are thrilled she chosen Yoga Village as her current location.
Sandra’s first class is on Tuesday, May 17th at 6:30pm and the cost is only $15. Sandra has a following so preregistration is highly recommended.
Preregister by Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (931) 456-5055.
Yoga Village is located inside Nature’s Way Massage at 3996 Peavine Road, Suites 3 & 4.
The reason for this is because massage is more than a gift that may or may not be used. What they are really receiving is an experience, the experience of relaxation. And we now know that experiencing relaxation through massage is a big deal when it comes to the benefits to our overall health and well being. Here are just a few.
Massage is proven as an effective relaxation experience in reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
Massage can improve our quality of Sleep and Restfulness.
Massage can significantly boost mood inducing an overall sense of wellbeing.
Research suggests that massage can improve our immune system by reducing harmful stress hormones.
Massage can combat the harmful effects of sitting at a computer all day. Many have reported improved posture, circulation and improved respiration following a series of massage sessions.
For information on massage gift certificates for Christmas click here.
Folks always ask this time of year if the Holidays are our slow season. I imagine their thinking is that money for “extras” is tight because of Christmas Spending.
- Actually, the opposite is true! Massage therapy is no longer considered an extra. More Americans than ever are choosing massage to reduce stress and manage pain as well as enhance athletic performance.There was a time when massage was considered “pampering, only for the rich” but for more americans, massage is a part of their overall health care.
- When you gift someone a massage, you are giving a gift that they will actually use, appreciate and remember you for the sheer appropriateness of your choice.
- Many times I’ll get a call from someone desiring to purchase a massage gift certificate after asking a loved one what they wanted for that special occasion the reply was “a massage”. If you’ve been KNOTTY lately, maybe you should request a massage this Christmas.
Join us at the Expo for Free Massages throughout the day as well as $15 off on Gift Certificates for a one hour Massage! Door Prizes include several $25 Gift Cards for Fairfield Glade Amenities (including massage).
Also, Massage for headaches, sciatica and shoulder/elbow pain will be demonstrated as well as MPS therapy showcasing the incredible Dolphin Neurostim™.
Be sure to visit the NATURE’S WAY MASSAGE table at the Expo this Saturday, November 21 from 9am to 1pm at the Discovery Center, 5160 Peavine Road, Crossville, TN.
Do you live or are you vacationing at Fairfield Glade? Did you know you can receive your massages on site at the Community and Conference Center? It’s true!
Nature’s Way Massage is the preferred provider for massage services at the Fairfield Glade Community and Conference Center.
10+ Reasons Why Everyone Should Receive Massage on a Routine Schedule.
The positive effects of regular massage can have benefits in many areas of your life. Following are health reasons all adults should be including massage in their family budgets and schedules. (the following excerpt is from massagetherapy.com)
* Reduces anxiety
* Reduces the flow of stress hormones
* Improves sleep
* Boosts the immune system
* Improves energy levels and reduces fatigue
* Improves concentration
* Increases circulation
* Improves self-esteem
* Reduces frequency of headaches
* Releases endorphins
* Massage can reduce sports-related soreness and improve circulation–good to know when you may be exercising more to reduce stress.
* Deep-tissue or therapeutic massage is effective in treating back pain, arthritis, osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia patients receiving massage also have less pain, depression, anxiety, stiffness, fatigue, and sleep problems.
*Massage reduces symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
* Oncology patients show less pain, fatigue, nausea, anxiety, and depression following massage therapy.
* Stroke patients show less anxiety and lower blood pressure with massage therapy.
* Massage therapy is effective in reducing postsurgical pain.
* Alzheimer’s patients exhibit reduced pacing, irritability, and restlessness after neck and shoulder massage.
* Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with arthritis.
About Natures Way Massage
In addition to massage, the following amenities are available at the Fairfield Glade Community and Conference Center for Residents of Fairfield Glade and Wyndham Guests (a nominal fee may apply for these amenities).
- Hot Tub
Massage Services include:
- Deep Relaxation; our Classic Swedish Massage
- Healing Arts; our Signature Deep Tissue or Therapeutic Massage
- Golf & Racket: our Sports Massage
- Regional Pain Relief, such as neck/shoulders or low back/legs
- Reflexology is an ancient treatment performed on the feet, hands and scalp
For more information about massage services and prices go to natureswaymassage .com. To reserve massage appointments or inquire regarding therapists availability, Call (931) 456-5055.
For more information about the many amenities offered at the Fairfield Glade Community and Conference Center, Call (931) 484-3722 or go to www.fairfieldglade.cc.