One of my favorite singers is Van Morrison. This time of year I keep hearing the lyric, “I can get through February”
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that’s related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you’re like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody. Less often, SAD causes depression in the spring or early summer.
Don’t brush off that yearly feeling as simply a case of the “winter blues” or a seasonal funk that you have to tough out on your own. Take steps to keep your mood and motivation steady throughout the year.
I confess I struggle every February with SAD. Over the years I have developed a little formula that ensures that “I can get through February”.
If I can’t get to Florida I Get in front of as many fireplaces I can find. A tanning bed is good but age and quality of the equipment is important and remember “less is more”
This is a perfect time to start yoga or that fitness program that you have been planning for another day. There are seven days in and someday isn’t one of them. We have teamed up with Well by Nature to stare a Yoga and Fitness program.
Plan an event, get with friends, build a Dream Board.
Book a vacation, write down all your Blessings, start a journal, buy a very large book and don’t stop until you’ve read it, take music or art lessons. Book a Massage!
This year was a little worse than most so I went to my Doctor and she did a blood test that revealed that I was vitamin deficient so she prescribed some special vitamins. Maybe you should check with your Doctor just in case. – Terry Owens
You Can’t miss when you gift someone you Love a Massage. The benefits of massage are many and those who receive massage as a gift will never forget your thoughtfullness.
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. The Therapist directs energy to the Client by means of Touch, to activate natural healing processes and restore physical and emotional well-being.
Reiki is a highly sought after treatment worldwide and is utilized in many hospitals.
Terry began Her Massage Career in 1994 as a Chiropractic Assistant in central Illinois and studied Neuromuscular Therapy at Logan Chiropractic College as well as becoming Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage in 1998.
In 2000 She was recruited by LifePath School of Massage, supervising student massages, as well as performing massage in their Clinic. When school was purchased by Dr. Knight it became Central Illinois School of Massage Therapy and Terry became Director of the school from 2002 to 2004 as well as becoming a USUI method reiki practitioner.
In 2014 Terry moved to Tennessee to be closer to Family and is studying medical coding.
We have been waiting for a long time to add a qualified Reiki Practitioner and now are proud to announce that Terry is accepting new clients at Nature’s Way Massage!
Folks always ask this time of year if the Holidays are our slow season. I imagine their thinking is that money for “extras” is tight because of Christmas Spending.
- Actually, the opposite is true! Massage therapy is no longer considered an extra. More Americans than ever are choosing massage to reduce stress and manage pain as well as enhance athletic performance.There was a time when massage was considered “pampering, only for the rich” but for more americans, massage is a part of their overall health care.
- When you gift someone a massage, you are giving a gift that they will actually use, appreciate and remember you for the sheer appropriateness of your choice.
- Many times I’ll get a call from someone desiring to purchase a massage gift certificate after asking a loved one what they wanted for that special occasion the reply was “a massage”. If you’ve been KNOTTY lately, maybe you should request a massage this Christmas.
Join us at the Expo for Free Massages throughout the day as well as $15 off on Gift Certificates for a one hour Massage! Door Prizes include several $25 Gift Cards for Fairfield Glade Amenities (including massage).
Also, Massage for headaches, sciatica and shoulder/elbow pain will be demonstrated as well as MPS therapy showcasing the incredible Dolphin Neurostim™.
Be sure to visit the NATURE’S WAY MASSAGE table at the Expo this Saturday, November 21 from 9am to 1pm at the Discovery Center, 5160 Peavine Road, Crossville, TN.
Do you live or are you vacationing at Fairfield Glade? Did you know you can receive your massages on site at the Community and Conference Center? It’s true!
Nature’s Way Massage is the preferred provider for massage services at the Fairfield Glade Community and Conference Center.
10+ Reasons Why Everyone Should Receive Massage on a Routine Schedule.
The positive effects of regular massage can have benefits in many areas of your life. Following are health reasons all adults should be including massage in their family budgets and schedules. (the following excerpt is from massagetherapy.com)
* Reduces anxiety
* Reduces the flow of stress hormones
* Improves sleep
* Boosts the immune system
* Improves energy levels and reduces fatigue
* Improves concentration
* Increases circulation
* Improves self-esteem
* Reduces frequency of headaches
* Releases endorphins
* Massage can reduce sports-related soreness and improve circulation–good to know when you may be exercising more to reduce stress.
* Deep-tissue or therapeutic massage is effective in treating back pain, arthritis, osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia patients receiving massage also have less pain, depression, anxiety, stiffness, fatigue, and sleep problems.
*Massage reduces symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
* Oncology patients show less pain, fatigue, nausea, anxiety, and depression following massage therapy.
* Stroke patients show less anxiety and lower blood pressure with massage therapy.
* Massage therapy is effective in reducing postsurgical pain.
* Alzheimer’s patients exhibit reduced pacing, irritability, and restlessness after neck and shoulder massage.
* Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with arthritis.
About Natures Way Massage
In addition to massage, the following amenities are available at the Fairfield Glade Community and Conference Center for Residents of Fairfield Glade and Wyndham Guests (a nominal fee may apply for these amenities).
- Hot Tub
Massage Services include:
- Deep Relaxation; our Classic Swedish Massage
- Healing Arts; our Signature Deep Tissue or Therapeutic Massage
- Golf & Racket: our Sports Massage
- Regional Pain Relief, such as neck/shoulders or low back/legs
- Reflexology is an ancient treatment performed on the feet, hands and scalp
For more information about massage services and prices go to natureswaymassage .com. To reserve massage appointments or inquire regarding therapists availability, Call (931) 456-5055.
For more information about the many amenities offered at the Fairfield Glade Community and Conference Center, Call (931) 484-3722 or go to www.fairfieldglade.cc.